RULE OF ABSENCE
- Anyone who has been absent on the previous day will not be allowed to enter the class without a letter from the parent, addressed to the Class Teacher, stating the reason for an absence.
- Parents should fill up the ‘Record for Non-Attendance’ for each absent day from School stating the reasons for their ward’s absence.
- Students who have been medically unfit/sick should bring a medical certificate from their doctor on joining the school.
- A student, returning to School after suffering from an infectious or contagious disease, should produce a doctor’s certificate permitting him to further attend the classes. Students suffering from the following disease must observe the prescribed period of quarantine before returning to class-
- Chicken Pox – till complete falling off the scabs.
- Cholera – until the child is completely well.
- Measles – two weeks after the rash disappears
- Mumps – until the swelling has gone, about one month.
- Whooping Cough – Six weeks
- Jaundice – Six weeks after recovery.
- Students who require medical attention during School hours must be sent by the teacher to the School clinic with the clinic record in the organizer.
- Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more than fifteen consecutive days renders the student liable to have his name struck off the rolls. Re-admission may be granted only after payment of a fresh admission fee.
- All students are expected to attend School on an opening day after the vacations. Those absent because of sickness must present a medical certificate before entering the class.
- It is compulsory for the students to complete 80% of the attendance in the year to make them eligible to sit for the final examination. The percentage, however, could be relaxed on medical grounds; but such students will not be eligible to receive any prizes.
A student can proceed for a long leave only after a written application is submitted to the Principal and the leave is sanctioned by him/her alone. It is to be noted that the student would have to forgo all the test/examination marks that fall during his/her sanctioned leave.